Family Guide to Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga: Age Rating PEGI 7
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is the latest Star Wars Lego platforming games. In this edition you get to work through the entire series of 9 Star Wars films, unlocking new locations and characters as you go.
The other Star Wars-themed Lego games are as follows:
- Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (2005) on Mac, PC, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance.
- Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (2006) on Mac, PC, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable.
- Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (2007) on Mac, PC, PlayStation 3, Wii, Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Android, iOS.
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2016) on Mac, PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita, Android, iOS.
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (2020) on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One.
Play is similar to other Lego video games. You switch between characters to access different abilities and solve puzzles in each level. This time out, you have the option to string different attacks together to form combo chains and fend off incoming attacks. There is also more precise shooting controls as well as some piloting sections.
As you progress you explore the galaxy map and steadily unlock planets. During space travel, there are dog fights to win and asteroids to avoid in classic vehicles like the Millennium Falcon, Imperial Tie fighters and Rebel X-wings.
It's rated PEGI 7 for Fear and Violence.
Players use various weapons (e.g., staffs, blaster rifles, light sabers) and special abilities (e.g., force powers) to defeat enemies. In some sequences, players pilot spacecrafts/vehicles and use a crosshair target to fire projectiles (e.g., missiles, lasers) at enemy vehicles and ground targets. Battles are accompanied by frequent laser blasts and large explosions; enemies burst into Lego pieces when defeated.
Star Wars The Skywalker Saga accessibility features include a range of difficulty options:
- Automatic Health Recovery: Health automatically recovers over time to make combat easier.
- Fall Recovery: Falling onto hazardous areas returns you to safety.
- Aim Assist: Assistance hitting targets when using ranged weapons. This can be Target Lock-On, Near-Target Slowdown, On-Target Slowdown, Homing Shot
You can enable and resize hints and tips. Objectives are always displayed in the top corner of the game as default and can be toggled On/Off with the below options:
- Always On: Current objective text will always display.
- New Only: Objective text will appear for a few seconds when it changes.
- Off: Disables objective text.
If you enjoyed Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga these are some other good platform games:
- Balan Wonderworld (PEGI 7)
- Splatty's Adventure (Dreams)
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (PEGI 7)